||B L U E B A N Y A N O F F E R S T W O C O U R S E S O F S T U D Y
|Foundational Teacher Training (200hr)|
Teacher Training Program is nationally recognized and certified by Yoga
Alliance at the 200 hour level. The program is designed to support the
growth and development of skilled, inspired teachers of Vinyasa Yoga by
offering a comprehensive, foundational curriculum. Graduates of this
program should expect to leave capable of planning and teaching a
creative, integrated, and safe Vinyasa Yoga class - and fully equipped
to pursue work as a yoga teacher should they choose to do so.
| ||Advanced Teacher Training (+300hr)|
The +300 hour Advanced Teacher Training is designed for those who already hold 200hr accreditation from any Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School - and enables those teachers to acquire their 500hr RYT status. Our Advanced Teacher Training approaches yoga teaching as it's own 'practice' - helping you to shape and claim your individual point-of-view and hone your unique teaching voice. The program seeks to inspire and support working yoga teachers with an emphasis on depth of study and an eye toward enhanced earning potential upon graduation.
We offer each of these programs in rotation every other year.
Students can expect both tracks to be challenging, inspiring, and wildly transformative!
Not interested in teaching but want more?
Ask us about our Yoga Immersion track! For those interested in diving deeper, but not seeking certification...
Advanced Teacher Training (+300hr)
Advanced Teacher Training focuses on three areas over a range of topics.
Those focuses are:
Topical studies includes:
- Teaching as a Practice
- Honing the Teaching Voice
- Building a sustainable Yoga Teaching Career
- Asana Study - including hands-on, 'advanced' asanas, and sequencing
- Advanced Pranayama Practices & Teaching
- Vedic Philosophy - including a deep study of the Upanishads
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology - with a focus on direct application to asana
- Subtle Anatomy - an exploration of the energy systems of the body
- Ayurvedic Component - the integrative 'health care' system of Your Life Blueprint
- Sanskrit and Mantra - Sound Yoga in teaching and practice
- Practicum, Pedagogy and Student Teaching
- Principles of teaching to Non-Mainstream Populations
- Thesis and Business Plan Development
Oct 2017- May 2018
One weekend a month (Fridays 6-9pm // Saturday and Sunday 11am-6pm)
Every Tuesday 6-9pm
*an additional weekly meeting/class will also be required for a portion of the program, the detail of which will be arranged with individual students upon acceptance into the program
Note: All Yoga School classes meet in our Germantown space located at 143 West Walnut Lane in the Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Advanced Teacher Training : $3400
- unlimited FREE Yoga or the duration of the program
- Study Materials (books not included)
- All Workshops with our inspired Adjunct Faculty
Payment plans available upon request
ALL Applications must be received by August 15th
Please submit the following (by email, US mail, or in person)
- a copy of your valid 200hr Yoga Alliance Certificate
- Resume of Yoga Teaching Experience (including the RYS where you received your initial training)
- A Personal Reflection on how the Blue Banyan program speaks to you and what you hope to gain in doing the +300hr Training
- $200 non-refundable Application Fee
Foundational Teacher Training (200hr)
We will study a wide range of topics within the practice of Yoga, including:
- Asana - go deep into
the practice of over 50 foundational yoga postures/poses - with a focus
on alignment, energetics, and sequencing (participants of the TT
program will also study teaching methodology and hands on adjustments)
- Pranayama - learn to practice and teach energizing breath techniques
- Philosophy - explore Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita
- Anatomy - consider the
skeletal, muscular, nervous and endocrine systems as related to and
affected by the practices of Yoga
- Anatomy ('from an Eastern Perspective') - discover the energy systems of the body including Chakras, Nadis, Koshas and more
- Meditation - dive into the practice of Mindfulness Meditation
- Ayurvedic Component - Experience the integrative 'health care' system of Your Life Blueprint
- Sanskrit and Chanting - explore the practice of Nada (sound) Yoga
- Practicum and Pedagogy -
TT participants will have plenty of practice-teaching opportunities
throughout the program and will engage in an in-depth study of
the art and science of teaching Yoga
Our next Foundational Teacher Training will be offered in FALL 2018.
Check back frequently for updates.
- Teacher Training $3000
- Yoga Immersion $1800
- Over 13 hours each week of in-class time with Sophie and Jake
- Unlimited Free Yoga for the duration of the program
- All Workshops with our Inspired Adjunct Faculty
- Study Materials (books not included)
- TT''s will also
participate in the Buddy Program (a peer support system) and the Mentor
Program (an opportunity to meet and work with other seasoned
Blue Banyan teachers)
- Begin Free Yoga once registered and tuition agreement is fulfilled!
ALL Applications must be received by November 15th to be considered for either program.
Sophie Simpson, co-director
Jake Miller, co- director
Jenna Price, assistant
Patricia Cornelius, ERYT - Yogic Philosophy
Deborah Cooper - Meditation
Dr. Damien Ciasullo - Anatomy
Margaret Kinnevy - Advanced Anatomy
application contact us